Mrs. Abikeola Fagbamiye
Mrs. Olatundun Adebogun – Region I
Mrs. Mercy Anagbogu – Region 2
Mrs. Modupe Adewunmi – Region 3
Dr. Mrs. Florence Unuigbe – Region 4
It is an organization formed toward the advancement of Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life.
The purpose of this organization is to be specifically concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life.
- To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and promote its wider understanding.
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church.
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- To promote conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Membership is open to all Mothers;
- Who are married in the Church
- Who have Church blessings on their marriages
- Who are baptized in the name of the Holy Trinity
- Who accept the Christian teachings as contained in the Apostle’s Creed
- Who affirm their beliefs in principle of infant baptism and undertake to bring their children to Holy Baptism
- Who accept the Am, Purpose and Objectives of the Mothers’ Union
- Who are communicant members of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) or of a Church in Communion with it
Mothers’ Union Anchor Statement:
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me (Phil 4:13)
Women’s Guild Anchor Statement:
“ . . . with God all things are possible”